Landscape Crew Member
Position: Landscape Crew Member
The landscaping team member is an experienced landscaper and assists the team leader. The position works as a member of the team and is responsible for landscape maintenance and enhancement projects under the direction of the team leader. The landscape team member is able to operate a variety of equipment and has a working knowledge of horticultural practices.
- Completes landscape maintenance duties, such a mowing, fertilizer application, weed control, aeration, spring clean-up, fall clean-up, trimming and pruning.
- Completes landscape enhancement projects such as mulch application, plantings, top soil application, lawn seeding.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment.
- Completes work in the most time-efficient manner meeting the company productivity targets.
- Operates a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to bed edgers, commercial mowers, blowers, dump trailers, chain saws, line trimmers, and tillers.
- If approved as a driver, safely operates vehicles such as trucks and trailer combinations.
- Assists the team leader with communication with clients by answering questions, and ensuring the client’s satisfaction. Communicates clients concerns to the team leader or management.
- Assists the team leader with route and job organization, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available.
- Cares for equipment and notifies management of needed repairs.
- Applies chemicals under the direction of licensed applicator.
Knowledge and Experience
- The successful individual will have a working knowledge of standard horticultural practices, including but not limited to planting, pruning, corrective pruning, and fertilization.
- This position requires one + years’ experience in the landscaping field.
- Candidate must be able to read with good comprehension and write.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- New Jersey pesticide licenses a plus.
- Snow plowing experience is a plus.